Winners and Finalists will receive National Media & Industry Exposure!
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU'RE A WINNER OR FINALIST!
As a winner or finalist you can highlight your award on your marketing materials. You can also both download the seal to print on your book and order stickers to put on each book you have already printed. Award stickers will be available for purchase as well as Certificates.
The Indie Excellence® Winners & Finalists recognize the books that demonstrate an indefinable synergy of elements that makes for overall excellence.
- The National Indie Excellence® Awards selection committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any book.
- Please send one copy of the print version of your published book (advance reader copies and galleys are not accepted) per category entered. 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 publication dates are eligible. You can put all the categories in which you submit on one Submission Form but be sure to copy the submission form and put it in each book you submit in each category. All titles must have an ISBN and be published books.
- Indie Excellence® is open to all English language books that are available for sale online and off.
- We are not accepting e-books in 2016.
- Books published by Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Random House, or Simon & Schuster are not eligible to apply.
- We reserve the right to move books into another category if it seems appropriate.
We do not publish the names of the judges to respect their privacy.
- You are fully responsible for having your physical book reach us by the deadline for submission. Unless you receive an email acknowleging receipt of your book, please be aware that your book has not been included in the judging process.
- Indie Excellence® submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
Indie Excellence® Refund Policy
All sales are final. There are no refunds. Only appropriate submissions will be eligible to enter the contest. Indie Excellence® therefore reserves the right to refuse any material that it finds inappropriate, not reflecting contest rules.
Notifications and Deadlines of Winners and Finalists
We will notify each entry of the package's receipt via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on our web site (www.indieexcellence.com) .
Winners and Finalists in each category will be notified by e-mail and on the web site.
We will notify each entry of the package's receipt via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on our web site after the judging is complete and after the date for submissions is closed for the year. Because of the high volume of entries, it could take up to two weeks to send you the notification that we received your book. Thank you.
There are no hard and fast rules about how a contest is to designate its winners. Different contests have different designations. We have structured our contest so that only one book per category may be designated “Winner.”
However, often there is more than one book in a category that truly stands out, and we believe these deserve recognition also. While it makes the job of our judges harder in some ways, we are dedicated to celebrating excellence in self-published books. So we created the category of “Finalist.”
Books that are recognized as Finalists are in every way outstanding. The difference between the Winner and Finalist books are often so minute that the call might have gone either way.
The bottom line is that being recognized as a Finalist is a high honor and something about which any author can and should be justifiably proud.
Readers recognize that Finalist books are worthy of their attention and their book-buying dollars.
All submitted books, except the winners, were donated to the Santa Barbara Library System.
$75.00 per entry/per Category
- All monies must be in U.S. Dollars!
- Please send one copy of the book per category entered. 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 publication dates are eligible.
- You can put all the categories in which you submit on one Submission Form but be sure to copy the submission form and put it in each book you submit in each category.
- All titles must have an ISBN and be published books available on Amazon.com.
- All entries must arrive by March 31, 2016.
- Winners and Finalists will be notified Mid May, 2016.
- All submissions are final.
- There are no refunds.
(All international checks or money orders must have “USD” or “US Dollar” pre-printed on the check/money order.)
Please include proof of paypal or check with your entry submission. Please make checks payable to: “National Indie Excellence Book Awards® ” and mail to:
Indie Excellence® Submission
269 South Beverly Drive, Suite #1065
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
To pay by credit card, use pay pal below or call the office with your credit card number and expiration date and zip code.
Order $75.00 Entry with Paypal Please be sure to put your paypal order # on the paper submission form you send in together with your book!