Winners and Finalists will receive National Media & Industry Exposure!
Award Rules | Categories | Award Designations | Entry Fees/Submissions
LET THE WORLD KNOW YOU'RE A WINNER OR FINALIST!
As a winner or finalist you can highlight your award on your marketing materials. You can also both download the seal to print on your book and order stickers to put on each book you have already printed. Award stickers will be available for purchase as well as Certificates.
The Indie Excellence® Winners & Finalists recognize the books that demonstrate an indefinable synergy of elements that makes for overall excellence.
The 2015 Winners and Finalists will be announced on May 15, 2015 and you can order stickers and certificates at that time.
- The National Indie Excellence® Awards selection committee reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any book.
- Please send one copy of the book per category entered. 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 publication dates are eligible. You can put all the categories in which you submit on one Submission Form but be sure to copy the submission form and put it in each book you submit in each category. All titles must have an ISBN and be published books.
- Indie Excellence® is open to all English language books that are available for sale online and off.
- We are not accepting e-books in 2015.
- Books published by Hachette, HarperCollins, Macmillan, Penguin, Random House, or Simon & Schuster and their imprints are not eligible to apply.
We do not publish the names of the judges to respect their privacy.
- You are fully responsible for having your physical book reach us by the deadline for submission.
Unless you receive an email acknowleging receipt of your book, please be aware that your book has not been included in the judging process.
- THE BOOKS SUBMITTED FOR THE 2014 CONTEST, WHICH JUST ENDED WENT TO the Santa Barbara PUBLIC LIBRARY and they were very happy to receive them.
- Indie Excellence® submissions cannot be returned. Each entry must contain the official entry form, including your e-mail address and contact telephone number. All shipping and handling costs must be borne by entrants.
Indie Excellence® Refund Policy
All sales are final. There are no refunds. Only appropriate submissions will be eligible to enter the contest. Indie Excellence® therefore reserves the right to refuse any material that it finds inappropriate, not reflecting contest rules, or reflecting negatively upon the contest or its rules.
Notifications and Deadlines of Winners and Finalists
We will notify each entry of the package's receipt via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on our web site (www.indieexcellence.com) . Because of the high volume of entries, we can only respond to e-mail inquiries.
Winners and Finalists in each category will be notified by e-mail and on the web site.
We will notify each entry of the package's receipt via e-mail and will announce the winning entries on our web site after the judging is complete and after the date for submissions is closed for the year. Because of the high volume of entries, it could take up to two weeks to send you the notification that we received your book. Thank you.
OFFICIAL CATEGORIES OF THE 9th ANNUAL INDIE EXCELLENCE® BOOK AWARDS®:
Addiction & Recovery
African American Fiction
African American Non-Fiction
Arts & Entertainment
Book Cover Design-Children Picture Books
Book Cover Design-Fiction
Book Cover Design-Non-Fiction
Book Interior Design Fiction
Book Interior Design Non-Fiction
Business-Entrepreneurship & Small Business
Coffee Table Book
Comics and Graphic Novels
Death & Dying
Diet & Nutrition
Faction (fiction based on fact)
Home & Garden
Marketing & Public Relations
New Adult Fiction
New Adult Non Fiction
New Fiction (must be first time THIS book is published )
New Non-Fiction (must be first time THIS book is published )
Parenting & Family
Performing Arts - Film, Theater, Dance & Music
Picture Books - Preschool
Picture Books - Ages 4-8
Picture Books - All Ages
Pregnancy & Childbirth
Sales & Marketing
Self Help: General
Self Help: Motivational
Self Help: Spiritual
Writing and Publishing
Young Adult Fiction
Young Adult Non-Fiction
A Word About Our Award Designations
There are no hard and fast rules about how a contest is to designate its winners. Different contests have different designations. We have structured our contest so that only one book per category may be designated “Winner.”
However, often there is more than one book in a category that truly stands out, and we believe these deserve recognition also. While it makes the job of our judges harder in some ways, we are dedicated to celebrating excellence in self-published books. So we created the category of “Finalist.”
Books that are recognized as Finalists are in every way outstanding. The difference between the Winner and Finalist books are often so minute that the call might have gone either way.
The bottom line is that being recognized as a Finalist is a high honor and something about which any author can and should be justifiably proud.
Readers recognize that Finalist books are worthy of their attention and their book-buying dollars.
ENTRY FEES AND DEADLINE
$69.00 per entry/per Category
- All monies must be in U.S. Dollars!
- Please send one copy of the book per category entered. 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 publication dates are eligible.
- You can put all the categories in which you submit on one Submission Form but be sure to copy the submission form and put it in each book you submit in each category.
- All titles must have an ISBN and be published books.
- All entries must arrive by April 5, 2015.
- Winners and Finalists will be notified Mid May, 2015.
- All submissions are final.
- There are no refunds.
(All international checks or money orders must have “USD” or “US Dollar” pre-printed on the check/money order.)
Please include proof of paypal or check with your entry submission. Please make checks payable to: “National Indie Excellence Book Awards® ” and mail to:
Indie Excellence® Submission
269 South Beverly Drive, Suite #1065
Beverly Hills, CA 90212
To pay by credit card, use pay pal below or call the office with your credit card number and expiration date and zip code.
Order $69.00 Entry with Paypal Please be sure to put your paypal order # on the paper submission form you send in together with your book!
Pay Online with Paypal
Submit Online / Pay by Check
Submit Offline / Pay by Check